Heat Transfer Fluid for Pharmaceutical Processing Applications
Pharmaceutical processing requires the use of a specific heat transfer fluid that is designed to work to the correct temperature for prolonged periods. Global Heat Transfer have worked with engineers in the pharmaceutical industry for over 25 years by supplying the correct heat transfer fluid and monitoring and maintaining thermal fluid for maximum operating efficiency.
Globaltherm™ heat transfer fluids are used for batch processing of pharmaceutical products. Heat transfer fluids with broad operating temperature ranges are required because chemical reactions take place at high temperatures and the crystallisation occurs at a lower temperature in order to make the final product. Globaltherm™ products are the preferred heat transfer fluid used in pharmaceutical batch processing.
Pharmaceutical processing requires the use of food grade heat transfer fluids in case of incidental contact with the product. Food grade heat transfer fluids are colourless, odourless, non-hazardous, non-toxic and NSF HT1 accredited.
Globaltherm® FG Heat Transfer Fluid for Pharmaceutical Processing
|Product||Operating Temperature||1000 Litre IBC||208 Litre Barrel||Bulk|
-20°C to 326°C
Globaltherm® FG is a non-toxic, efficient food grade heat transfer fluid that is safe to use in food processing plants and pharmaceutical processing in case of incidental contact with manufactured products.
- Globaltherm® FG operating temperature ranges from -20°C to 326°C (-4°F to 619°F) in pharmaceutical heat transfer manufacturing applications.
- Globaltherm® FG is an NSF HT1 accredited food grade thermal fluid
- Globaltherm® FG thermal fluid is non-hazardous and non-toxic therefore it is not considered a “controlled substance” under United States OSHA, Canadian WHMIS or other work place regulations and requires no special handling.
- Globaltherm® FG is an authorised USDA HT1 product for incidental contact
- Globaltherm® FG is made from highly refined group 2 white mineral oil and has superior oxidation properties, as it produces smaller carbon particles when broken down. It also has a lower viscosity than a standard mineral oil, making it far easier to pump.
- Globaltherm® FG thermal fluid is also used in food and beverage production processes, animal feed production and laundries.
Superior Performance Liquid and Vapour Phase
Heat Transfer Fluid
About Globaltherm® J
- Globaltherm ® J Heat transfer fluid is a mixture of isomers of an alkylated aromatic specially engineered for demanding low-temperature applications in liquid phase pressurised systems.
- Globaltherm® J Heat transfer fluid is a heat transfer agent suitable for applications requiring single fluid heating and cooling.
- Globaltherm® J Heat transfer fluid is recommended for use in a temperature range from <-80°C (-112°F) up to a maximum bulk temperature of 315°C (600°F) in the liquid phase.
- Globaltherm® J Heat transfer fluid can also be used in vapour phase systems operating from 181°C to 315°C (358°F - 600°F).
- Globaltherm® J Heat transfer fluid offers outstanding low-temperature pumpability and excellent thermal stability for protection against accidental overheating.
|Product||Operating Temperature||200kg barrel||1000 litre IBC||Bulk|
|Globaltherm® J||-80 - 315°C (-110°F - 600°F)|
High Performance Thermal Fluid
-5°C to 350°C (23°F to 662°F)
Globaltherm® S is a high performance heat transfer fluid for use in closed loop, non-pressurised heat transfer systems. Primary uses are chemical industries and plastic processing applications.
About Globaltherm® S
Globaltherm® S is recommended for use in the temperature range from -5°C (23°F) to 350°C (662°F), but can be used intermittently at film temperatures as high as 380°C (716° F).
- Globaltherm® S heat transfer fluid is non-corrosive and can be used in non-pressurised heat transfer systems
- This heat transfer fluid can be used in systems requiring start-up temperatures as low as -5°C (23°F) without the need for heat tracing
- Globaltherm® S thermal fluid is thermally stable up to 300°C (572°F) and can be used for several years below this temperature with no adverse impact on performance
- Low viscosity 17cSt @ 40°C (104°F) with a pumping limit at -5°C (23°F)
- This thermal fluid has a high ASTM D93 flash point at 200°C – the highest in class
- Globaltherm® S has high thermal stress resistance in the bulk temperature range from 60°C-350°C (140°F - 662°F)
- Globaltherm® S has a highly aromatic structure with a boiling point range of 385°C -395°C (725°F -743°F) - the highest in class
|Product||Operating Temperature||1000 litre IBC||208 litre barrel||Bulk|
|Globaltherm® S||-5°C to 350°C (23°F to 662°F)|